Your privacy is important to us.
The Responsible Party
(GDPR “controller”) for this website is Rapula Farming (Pty) Ltd trading as Bartholomeus Klip. The Information Officer
is the Chairperson of Rapula Farming (Pty) Ltd, and may be contacted at PO Box 36 Hermon 7308, South Africa, TEL+27(0)224481087 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that any personal information you provide to us via this website, is “personal information” as defined in the Protection of Personal Information Act, 4 of 2013.
SECTION 18 NOTIFICATION (POPIA)
Personal information you provide to us via this website is processed by Rapula Farming (Pty) Ltd trading as Bartholomeus Klip, PO Box 36 Hermon 7308, South Africa. The processing of this information is necessary for, and limited to, the management and administration of your reservation with us, the management and administration of our electronic direct marketing mailing list, or the performance of our contractual obligations in our agreements with you. You consent to voluntarily share this information with us, and only us, by making use of this website, in the knowledge that we manage this information in compliance with lawful conditions for processing personal information in South Africa. Should you not consent to providing this information, kindly phone or email us to discuss alternative arrangements. You have the right to request access to the information we process about you, or to request amendments or deletion of this information, in accordance with our PAIA Manual, and you have the right to lodge a complaint to the Information Regulator, which may be contacted at justice.gov.za/inforeg.
Any questions about how we protect your privacy? Let us know
- Purpose – The purpose of this Policy is to ensure that you are aware of the internal procedures that we have established in our company to ensure compliance with lawful processing of personal information in the normal operation of our business, and of the remedies available to you should you wish to query our processing of personal information about you.
- Accessibility – This Policy is meant to be easily understood by the general public. Should you have any questions, or requests, with regard to the way in which we process your personal information, you may contact our Information Officer at PO Box 36 Hermon 7308, South Africa, TEL+27(0)224481087 or email@example.com
- Usual Business Operations – Rapula Farming Pty (Ltd) trading as Bartholomeus Klip operates in the business of travel, tourism and hospitality. bartholomeusklip.com is the official online presence for the Bartholomeus Klip Farmhouse, Heron House, Olive House, restaurant, venue and events.
- Non-Identifiable Information – You may visit bartholomeusklip.com without providing any personal information. Like most website operators, bartholomeusklip.com collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. This information is aggregated to measure the number of visits, average time spent at the website, pages viewed, etc. bartholomeusklip.com uses this information to determine use of the website, and to improve its content, services and products. bartholomeusklip.com assumes no obligation to protect this information, and may process such information without limitation. Our website uses Google Analytics, including its Demographics and Interest Reporting, to collect data about traffic to and on our website via Google advertising cookies and anonymous identifiers, in addition to data collected through a standard Google Analytics implementation. To provide website visitors the ability to prevent their data from being used by Google Analytics, Google has developed the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on .
- Private Correspondence – The content of e-mails sent by bartholomeusklip.com is never intended for public access – it may contain confidential information that is intended for the addressee only. If you are not the intended recipient of an e-mail sent by bartholomeusklip.com, do not forward or disseminate this e-mail. Please notify bartholomeusklip.com by reply e-mail and delete the e-mail from your computer. We apologise for any inconvenience, and guarantee to rectify the mistake with immediate effect. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error free, and bartholomeusklip.com do not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the content of its e-mails, or for content that was intended for private use and is published to the public without our express consent. bartholomeusklip.com have taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are present in our e-mails and therefore accept no responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of our e-mails or attachments.
- We may request you to submit personal information when you [ contact us ] , when you submit an online food or activity [ order ] or buy a product from our online [ pantry ] , when you subscribe to our [ mailing list ] or when you request a reservation via a third party. You understand and accept that making use of these facilities implies that we need to process your personal information, and that if you do not accept this, you should not make use of these facilities.
We have established the following internal measures in order to comply with lawful conditions for processing of personal information :-
- Accountability – The Information Officer responsible for compliance with conditions for lawful processing of personal information may be contacted at PO Box 36 Hermon 7308, South Africa, TEL+27(0)224481087 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Processing Limitation & Purpose Specification – We only process personal information that is adequate, relevant and not excessive in relation to a specific, explicitly defined and lawful purpose, and only insofar and for as long as you have not withdrawn your consent, and this is necessary in the context of our usual business operations. This may include identifiable information about you, such as your name, gender, language, national identification number, e-mail address, physical address, telephone number, personal preferences, requirements or agreements, as well as private correspondence between you and us. We never process special personal information as defined in section 26 POPIA, unless this is necessary to protect your spiritual welfare. We never process personal information of children (<18).
- Further Processing – We may, as part of our usual business operations, share your identifiable personal information with third parties, but only if you have consented to this further processing, and only within the confines of your consent and the specific purpose you consented to, or if you have deliberately made that information about yourself public, or to comply with our legal obligations.
- Information Quality – We provide two ways for you to help us ensure that the personal information we process about you, is complete, accurate, not misleading and updated. One, you may, in line with our PAIA Manual, at any time request a record of the personal information we store about you, and request its amendment or deletion. Two, subscribers to our mailing list may log in and edit or delete any personal information we process about them.
- Openness – Whenever we ask you to consent to us processing your personal information, we aim for your consent to be voluntary, specific and informed, and to this effect we notify you in terms of Section 18 POPIA of the following :-
* we ask you directly;
* we make sure you are aware of who we are by stating our name and address clearly;
* we specify the purpose of processing the information, and whether this information is voluntary or mandatory in the context of our usual business operations;
* we explain what the consequences are of your objection to or withdrawal of consent;
* we refer to the applicable legislation that allows us to process your information;
* we indicate who gets access to this information;
* we state how you can verify, edit or remove your personal information from our systems;
* we state your right to lodge a complaint with the Information Regulator, and its contact details.
- Security Safeguards – We adhere, and only work with third parties that equally adhere, to industry standards and professional rules and regulations in our efforts to secure the integrity and confidentiality of your personal information. These measures include :-
* POPIA compliance assessments and advice by OnlineBrandAmbassadors.com;
* Staff training and support;
* Reputable suppliers and contractors;
* Physical: office anti-burglar security, computer master passwords, anti-virus software;
* Digital: (1) The Operator (GDPR “processor”) for our website and email is onlinebrandambassadors.com, who is bound by sections 20 and 21 of POPIA, and who maintain software updates and perform regular manual checks. (2) Specialised security software scans our website for intrusions, malicious software or attacks. (3) We keep the software that powers our website updated all the time. (4) Only ‘operators’ (as defined in POPIA) with whom we have written contracts may process personal information on our behalf, on condition of confidentiality and only with our prior knowledge and authorisation. (5) Your connection to bartholomeusklip.com is secured by Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure (HTTPS), a protocol used for secure communication over a computer network by encrypting communication using Transport Layer Security (TLS) or, formerly, Secure Sockets Layer (SSL). The protocol is therefore also referred to as HTTP over TLS, or HTTP over SSL.HTTPS’ bidirectional encryption of communications between a client and server authenticates the accessed website, and protects the privacy and integrity of the exchanged data while in transit against man-in-the-middle attacks, eavesdropping and tampering.
Should there be reasonable grounds for believing that personal information has been accessed by an unauthorised person, we will notify the Information Regulator as soon as reasonably possible after the discovery of the compromise, and we will notify you by e-mail if your information is affected, or place a notification in a prominent position on bartholomeusklip.com, unless this notification would compromise the investigation into the data breach.
- Data Subject Participation – Subject to adequate proof of identity, you may request from us, free of charge, in the manner prescribed in our PAIA Manual :-
* whether or not we store personal information about you;
* the record(s) or a description of the records on our systems that hold your personal information;
* to edit or remove you personal information from our systems;
Please note that the grounds for refusal of access to information as stipulated in Part 3, Chapter 4 PAIA apply.
- Direct Electronic Marketing – We only send out direct electronic marketing messages if and only if we have recorded your explicit consent to do so. We may contact you once to request consent. Every message contains a link to edit or delete your personal information.
- Business Transfers – In the unlikely event that Bartholomeus Klip goes out of business, enters bankruptcy or all of its assets were acquired, personal information about you would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of Bartholomeus Klip may continue to use your personal information as set forth in this policy.
- Remedies – You may query whether we process any personal information about you, or request access to, amend or have deleted any of this information, by submitting a request in writing as prescribed in our PAIA Manual. Should you not be satisfied with the reply you receive from us directly, you may refer your query or complaint to the Information Regulator.